Putting Your House on the Market During the Holidays
The idea of putting your home on the market during the holiday season may seem overwhelming at first, but it turns out there are several good reasons to do so. Don’t miss out on a great opportunity to get your house sold before the end of the year!
- If people are looking for a home during the holiday season, chances are they are serious buyers.
- Serious buyers have fewer properties to look at during this time of year, which means less competition and more money for you!
- Since the number of listings will increase dramatically in January, that means more competition and less money for you.
- Who doesn’t love a home delightfully decorated for the holidays? Homes show better when festively dressed up!
- Buyers may have more time to look at houses during their holiday breaks.
- Some people want to buy before the end of the year for tax reasons.
- If you sell now, it may provide an opportunity for you to be a non-contingent buyer during the Spring, when many more houses are on the market for less money. This will allow you to sell high and buy low.