It’s Cookout Time! How to Clean Your Gas Grill
Spring has sprung and for many families, that means it’s cookout time! One of the best things about cooking out on the grill is that there are fewer pots and pans to wash than with stovetop cooking. While you don’t have to scrub down your gas grill to shiny perfection after each use, it is important to give it a deep clean every now and then to make sure it runs safely and efficiently. Here’s how!
- Gather your cleaning supplies - You may want to use gloves and you will need a grill brush or some other type of cleaning brush. You will also need old cleaning rags or paper towels, a bristle brush or putty knife, and soap and water.
- Turn off the gas supply - This is very important! Make sure the gas supply is turned off or play it extra safe and remove the gas tank from the grill while cleaning it.
- Remove the grill grates - Pull them out so you can give them a thorough cleaning. Scrub them with a grill brush or other coarse brush.
- Clean anything covering the burners - Remove any V-shaped metal heat tents, ceramic briquettes, or lava stones that cover the burners and brush them clean. You will want all the Gas Grill Parts to be spic and span.
- Clean the burner tubes - Lightly brush the burner tubes and make sure all the gas ports are clean and open.
- Clean the bottom of the grill and the lid - Brush or wipe any debris out of the bottom of the grill. If there is peeling black stuff (usually carbon flakes and grease) on the grill lid or bottom, use a bristle brush or putty knife to scrape it off
- Clean the grease collection tray - Use soap and water to clean the grease collection tray and replace any disposable pans as needed. Make sure to dispose of grease properly - pour it into an empty can or bottle, wait for it to harden, then throw the whole thing away.
- Wipe down the outside of the grill - With a rag or paper towel, wipe down the outside of the grill and any side trays using soap and water.
- Put the grill back together - Now you’re ready for a cookout!!
Are you looking for a home with a great outdoor space for cookouts? Desi Sowers is an experienced Realtor who can help you find just what you’re looking for. Give her a call at 540-320-1328 today!