Laundry in the Lap of Luxury
The laundry room is probably not the first space you think of when you hear the word luxurious. But it is a room you spend a lot of time in. Doing laundry is a necessary part of life, so why not make it more appealing by creating a comfortable, practical and pretty environment that will make it feel less like a chore and more like a pleasant task. You don’t have to spend a lot of money to make your laundry room a calm and soothing work space. There are opulent touches you can add that will improve your disposition while performing the essential duties of washing, drying, folding and ironing.
- Paint the room in a soft, neutral color - choose from greens, blues or yellow.
- Hang some art on the walls. Pick pieces that you love or are meaningful to you. You don’t have to spend a lot of money…just choose paintings or pictures that bring you joy.
You can find inexpensive art at ART.COM.
- If you lack storage in your laundry room, add some simple shelves with clean lines. Get some clear containers for your detergent, fabric softener sheets, clothes pins etc. so you can dispose of the unsightly bags and boxes they come in.
- Use baskets or bins to pre-sort clothes into whites, colors, sheets, towels etc.
- If your laundry room is spacious, create a Folding Area. You can have a table or if you are using front loading machines, design a counter to go on top of them. Add a small, wall-mounted television and a comfy chair, and folding clothes won’t seem so boring anymore.
- Add a small vase with fresh flowers. Being amidst the beauty of nature will make you feel better about being stuck indoors doing laundry!
- Remember, guests are not likely to see your laundry room, so make it all about YOU. Be funky and unique with your décor and have fun with it! Before you know it, you will look forward to doing all that washing, drying and folding. Ok…maybe you won’t look forward to it, but at least you won’t dread it!
If you are in the market to buy or sell a home in the New River Valley area, call Desi Sowers at 540-320-1328 and let her help you with all of your real estate needs!