What's New in New Housing Design
Here are the products grabbing the attention of the home building and remodeling industries, according to Bill Millholland, executive vice president of sales and marketing at Case Design/Remodeling in Maryland, and Jamie Gibbs, a New York-based interior designer:
· Appliance Drawers. Small warning drawers, modest-sized dishwasher drawers for small loads, refrigerator drawers and microwave drawers.
· Counter-depth refrigerators. Some are only 24 inches deep.
· Motion-detecting faucets. Like you'd find in the restrooms of businesses.
· LED (light-emitting diode) lighting. These are used under cabinets and in ceiling fixtures as a longer-lasting, more efficient alternative to compact fluorescent lamps and incandescent bulbs.
· Electric heated floors. A nice touch in bathrooms.
· Showers with multiple heads and body sprays. Bathtubs are out.